Duck Creek Village
Base Camp to Markagunt Plateau Adventure
Duck Creek Village is located at the edge of a large mountain meadow in the Dixie Nation Forest, off of Scenic Hwy. 14. At an elevation of approximately 8,400 feet you can enjoy all four seasons. Our central location makes Duck Creek a perfect base for a wide range of activities in every season. Duck Creek is fast gaining recognition as one of the great snowmobile, cross-country ski, mountain bike, and hiking destinations, with some of the best trails, scenery and terrain anywhere in America’s southwest. Excellent hiking, fishing, horseback riding, ATV riding and other opportunities are readily available. The village is also home to quaint lodging, shopping, restaurants, camping and RV parks.
- Duck Creek Village is located at 8,400 ft. in the Dixie National Forest 30 miles east of Cedar City (11 miles from hwy 89) in the highlands of the Markagunt Plateau on highway 14.
- Central location to Zion National Park (46 miles), Bryce Canyon (48 miles), Cedar Breaks National Monument (25 miles), Grand Canyon (130 miles), Brian Head Resort (28 miles)
- Basecamp to year-round outdoor adventures including snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, hiking, off-roading, hunting, horseback riding, and fishing.
- Popular places to fish include Navajo Lake (7 miles), Panquitch Lake (21 miles). Within walking distance are Duck Creek Pond and Aspen Mirror Lake.
- Popular nearby hiking trails and attractions include Mammoth Cave, Cascade Falls, and Virgin River Rim Trail
- The Village business community consists of cabins, condos, mountain homes, lodges, shops, restaurants, and outfitters.
POINTS OF INTEREST
Type the name of what you’re looking for in the search field below the map or scroll through the list.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!